Training Description (Videos)
Length : About 6 hours.
Objectives : By the end of this training session, the student will have a basic knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol and will be able to subnet using masks of different lengths. This knowledge will give you the added tools to undertake MikroTik’s MTCNA and MTCRE courses.
Target Audience : Engineers, technicians and anybody else:
- That have to operate a network under TCP/IP v4
- Wanting to improve their TCP/IP v4 knowledge
- Wanting to quickly, and with confidence, undertake MikroTik’s official courses
Course prerequisites : An understanding of local area network concepts.
Language : Shown next to the date in the “Training sessions” page.
- Module 1 – Introduction: TCP/IP History, Networking Overview, IP (4 layers) and OSI (7 layers) models, Collisions and Broadcast Domains, Decimal, Binary and Hexadecimal Systems
- Module 2 – MAC and IP Addresses: Formats, Interactions between MAC and IP, IP Subnet Masks, IP Address Classes, Optimizing the use of IP Addresses
- Module 3 – Address Plan: What is it, Why have one
- Module 4 – Protocoles: TCP, UDP, ICMP, ARP
- Module 5 – Routing Protocoles: The Goal of routing, Static Routing, Dynamic Routing
- Module 6 – Basic Troubleshooting: Tools to access devices, Important non-technical Tools, Troubleshooting Steps, Being proactive